SBN Buy Local Food Trade Show and Seminar 2013- Registration Now Open!
Date: Tuesday, March 19, 2013
Location: Seaport World Trade Center, Waterfront Ballroom,
Sustainable Business Network of Massachusetts (SBN) is excited to announce its second Buy Local Food Trade Show and Seminar at the Seaport World Trade Center Boston. This event is designed to facilitate connections and stimulate trade between local buyers and sellers of specialty crop food products and includes expert panels on overcoming barriers to selling and buying local products and open floor trading. This event is organized by SBN in partnership with the Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources (MassGrown) Northwest Atlantic Marine Alliance (NAMA) and Health Care Without Harm (HCWH). SBN Buy Local Trade Show space is sponsored by Seaport World Trade Center and the Trade Show is supported in part by a grant from the Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources. SBN’s first Buy Local Trade Show, held in 2010, was well attended and resulted in Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, among others, developing important new relationships with local food producers and farmers. A recap of the event is highlighted here.
This years SBN Buy Local Trade Show and Seminar will attract:
- Massachusetts and New England-based specialty and non-specialty crop growers, fishermen, and value-added producers who are looking to connect to buyers
- Massachusetts and New England-based buyers including college and healthcare institutions, restaurants, retail grocers and more
- Exhibitors that support or do business with food growers, producers or buyers
- 7:00am – 11:00am Set-up for Vendors
- 7:30am – 8:30am Registration and refreshments
- 8:30am – 10:00am Seller Seminar and Buyer Seminar
- 10:00am – 10:30am Break/Networking
- 10:30am – 12:30pm Open Floor Trading
Seaport World Trade Center is conveniently located on the Silver line World Trade Center MBTA stop. There is also plenty of parking nearby in the vicinity. For directions, click here.
- FREE for Massachusetts and New England Specialty Crop Producers
- $100 for Exhibitors, Local Food Aggregators, Distributors, & Non-Speciality Local Food Producers
- $25 for Attendees (Buyers and Others)
We are currently looking for interested buyers, sellers, exhibitors, panelists, and volunteers.
For more information on participating and to register for participation in this year’s Trade Show click the link below:
Please help us spread the word by sharing this anyone you think may be interested in participating as a buyer or seller at this event! If you have any other questions, please email Jessica at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (603) 465-8255.