WORKSHOP # 1, 9:30 AM – 10:45 AM
Building Capacity: Are You Ready to Grow to the Next Level?
Capacity or readiness for growth is one of the most critical business indicators. More institutional, retail and wholesale buyers are now embracing local food and working with regional small farmers and producers. As producers, you have to be ready to trade! What are the key factors that indicate that you and your business are ready for that next level? Panelists will share their experiences and strategies for strengthening your steps towards success and help you take that leap to the next level.
• Managing operations and transitioning from wholesale to retail
• How do you assess your capacity readiness
• Food safety issues to prepare for growth
• Commonwealth quality
• Financing options for growth
WORKSHOP # 2 – 11:15 AM – 12:30 PM:
Getting In and Staying In: Marketing Strategies & Tools to Get Your Products in the Door
This workshop will provide practical suggestions about how to get your product into wholesale, institutional, and retail settings; how to build relationships with the buyers and procurement teams; and what you can do to ensure that your product is successful once you’re in. We’ll hear from retail, distributors, and marketing experts. The panelists will share strategies and tips for what buyers are looking for in their relationships with producers.
• How to manage and maintain your brand.
• What you can do to ensure that the “eaters” are excited about & continue to buy your products.
• What marketing tools you can use for planning.
1:1 Sessions (10:00am – 3:00pm)